No SDK = wasted potential?

Everything about all Postal games

Moderatorzy: Moderatorzy, Admini

Awatar użytkownika
Lothar
Pierwsi PSI
Pierwsi PSI

16 lip 2012, 05:46

Postal 3 - once there was really loud about this game. Great gameplay, superb multiplayer (AFAIK Akella even hired additional dev-team to make multiplayer "the best mp ever"), neat graphics, cool physics, blah blah blah. And what we get? Unfinished, unpolished piece of crap which still tries to save itself. There are some great moments within the game, but most of them became wasted by bugs, dumb AI or even crashes. However - it's still fun to play it an hour or two, Postal 3 can suck you in. This game could be good, even great. Publisher killed this project (not officially) without giving it even a chance.
IMO SDK is (was?) the key to unleash this game potential, the key to make Postal 3 great game, with thousands of guns, funny maps, great multiplayer. There are manny powerful modders, many ppl skilled in Source stuff, so why don't give them this f**king SDK? It would be unended field of possibilities, combine Postal 3 with HL2, TF2, or even convert all those weapons made by ppl for GMod. Mods can really bring games back to life (well in this case give Postal 3 a life). Let take a look on ARMA2 - great game, but it wasn't so loud about it last months. And now - boom Day Z, everyone wants to get ARMA2: CO, just for this one mod (great mod btw.). Maybe we can affect Akella somehow to make them release P3 SDK? Some petition, harrasing, anthrax, kill someone?
What do you think about it? Would you like to put your hands on Postal 3 SDK? Do you have any idea how we can make it happen?

Best Regards 8-)

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition! :biskup:
Awatar użytkownika
Toploader
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

14 paź 2012, 17:41

Yeah, it's a shame, but might as well let you know the hard truths.

There will never be an SDK for PIII, which is crazy when you think that it would have only increased the sales of the game for Akella. They have no dev team left, and to be honest I'd be surprised if they would even know what to release, or how to set it up, at this point. They failed on their obligations to make the tools available to us but being a Russian company it's almost impossible to take them to court over it. The really annoying thing was a year previously I actually had it.... but as I didn't expect Akella to withhold it I didn't hang on to it when I changed my PC over. I do have all the Raw assets still though such as animations and models which are actually pretty good, will be used for something positive one day.

So yeah, it's never going to happen, even though it would have been great. The game is total shit as it is but there is a lot there to work with, but no point in worrying about it now. We (RWS) Stopped selling the game when it became clear the game was going to get no more support or an SDK. We only regard it as a cheap spin off our our franchise now, hence why the RWS forums have labelled the 'PIII' sections 'Russian POSTAL' although thinking about it that could be seen as mildly offensive to our massive Russian fanbase (who also agree Akella and PIII are crap) so I should probably change that.

So yeah, it's a sad but dead issue, nothing good really came out of PIII other than upsetting many of our fans, hopefully POSTAL 2's release on Steam can be the start of a more positive future for POSTAL and RWS.

Awatar użytkownika
prawdziwy 666
Master of Dead & Hell
Master of Dead & Hell

14 paź 2012, 17:50

Toploader pisze:so I should probably change that.
maybe

"Akella game"

I am not dead, I'm a Death muhahahahaha
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Toploader
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

14 paź 2012, 17:58

'Akella's Postal' I think, yeah.

Awatar użytkownika
prawdziwy 666
Master of Dead & Hell
Master of Dead & Hell

14 paź 2012, 18:04

I do not know if this thing deserving to have "Postal" in its title
Ostatnio zmieniony 14 paź 2012, 18:47 przez prawdziwy 666, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
The Iceman
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

14 paź 2012, 18:13

Anyway, there are so many things to change to make this shit playable. I don't want any SDK and I don't want to hear about something like Postal III anymore. The new Postal should be made from the beginning.

Posiadam zasilacz z białej listy.
Awatar użytkownika
Mr Minio
Redaktor
Redaktor

14 paź 2012, 19:51

Even though I haven't played Postal III yet I'd like to say something. I wasn't surprised by the negative feedback the game received. I just knew that Postal III will be either a shockingly good game or an awful piece of crap. The first option was rather my dream than reality, so basically I was sure that the game is going to be bad. The biggest mistake they did is not a bad game but lack of editing tools for fans. Few years ago wolve has said that he doesn't like General Protection Fault in Postal 2 and that he changed everything else he didn't like. Why is Postal 2 still alive? Thanks to modders. They are still developing new maps and weapons. Mods make the game fresh and kill the boredom. What a mistake of Akella...

I still haven't played Postal III and the criticism keeps me out of it. But when all hope is gone the surprise is a lot bigger. Is there any chance that Postal III is a cream of the crap? A game so loathsome that playing it gives you a pleasure?

"Are the hills going to march off?
Will heaven fall upon us?
Will the Earth open under us?
We don't know. We don't know, for a total eclipse has come upon us..."
Awatar użytkownika
prawdziwy 666
Master of Dead & Hell
Master of Dead & Hell

14 paź 2012, 20:00

Mr Minio pisze:Is there any chance that Postal III is a cream of the crap? A game so loathsome that playing it gives you a pleasure?
if you're a masochist and pulling hair out of your head gives you pleasure
it then yes

I have this game and as so far I want to pull hair from my head when I play this
Ostatnio zmieniony 14 paź 2012, 20:01 przez prawdziwy 666, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Zaver
Wytrenowany morderca
Wytrenowany morderca

14 paź 2012, 21:48

For the beginning:
https://diodesoftware.webs.com/postalsdk.html
https://runningwithscissors.com/main/ind ... opic=481.0

It is possible it make something good from Postal 3. And dreamt of the interesting TPP game with opened world he Unreal Engine 3, and I got wasted TPP ham acting with a missions like a crap (on SOURCE!). The game not much did on many (very!) the impression, but I for this game waited over 5 years. Unfortunately - my dreams fell through about her in 2010, when "this thing" rose from it. To do something they will give. But not always it will do good. My (for example) play with P3 changing consisted in removing from the game Bad and Good Path, for changing the order of the mission (in scripts), but it didn't make this game better. It did in order to her better doing "FREE ROAM", the system of choice of the missions and more interesting, bigger Catharsis. I won't mention the multiplayer. Something like system of creating the Char (to exchange [for example] the texture for characters like: https://runningwithscissors.com/main/ind ... opic=192.0 - everyone is choosing one's [black coat, texture from P2] :D), to do the pair of teams, and and a few new maps. I preferred in order to of such Postal (and what's more my dream - to jump also they will give): https://runningwithscissors.com/main/ind ... opic=361.0 - Beta Mod Pack by
Adams777.

Awatar użytkownika
Tiquill
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Postawił piwo: 1 raz
Otrzymał  piwo: 1 raz
Kontakt:

14 paź 2012, 22:13

prawdziwy 666 pisze:I do not know if this thing deserving to have "Postal" in its title
I agree. Do not defile the name of Postal, shit should be explicitly named.

Postal 3 case should be closed once and for all. Only human labor deserves respect, as the expectations of the fans. I believe that this what is good, sooner or later, players will get.

Zawsze jest ryzyko, że wyczerpałeś już limit dobrych dni i czeka cię już tylko samo zło...
Obrazek
ODPOWIEDZ