Here at last

Everything about site (news, ads etc.)

Moderatorzy: Moderatorzy, Admini

Awatar użytkownika
Toploader
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

18 sty 2011, 11:04

Hey guys, I've admired this site for a very long time, it's quite simply the best Postal fan site on the web, it's a shame there are no English sites as solid (I did used to run a fan site called Pure Postal back before I started working with RWS, I regret not keeping it going).

We have RS of course, but the work here promoting RWS and Postal and it's mods is far more impressive I'm happy to admit. Maybe you guys could one day work more towards making it a English/ Polish bilingual site, after all Polish is now the 2nd language of the UK ;)

This reminded me, I had to work with the guys that did the Polish version of ED and get everything ready for them to localize. I worked really hard to get them all the newer updates and for some odd reason they never used them, and stuck with the original fudge pack version :(

I know there are many people that contribute here, but who are the main owners, admins?

Awatar użytkownika
Koloses
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Otrzymał  piwo: 1 raz

18 sty 2011, 12:22

First i want to say good to have you posting here.Finally there's something doing here, in english section.I think it's good idea.Sometimes it's hard to find anything in RS forums...maybe search button doesn't like me :| and every forum about postal i saw is....empty.Nothing happens and people are just writing some on shoutbox and Hyde Park.Making English Zone bigger could help get more people to site and some of them could post something intresting.I guess main owner is Iquid, but im not sure.Idea is great and admins should talk about it and then make a decision.

Regards. :)

Awatar użytkownika
SovietPolska
Zabójca na sterydach
Zabójca na sterydach

18 sty 2011, 12:45

First of all I want to say Hi ;))
I was thinking about it and I saw a picture that RS forum was eaten by PostalSite :D
I know that is only a dream but it's quite fun :D
P.S. Sorry for my horrible english ;)

Awatar użytkownika
Mr Minio
Redaktor
Redaktor

18 sty 2011, 13:51

Welcome!
I'm glad you're here!

"Are the hills going to march off?
Will heaven fall upon us?
Will the Earth open under us?
We don't know. We don't know, for a total eclipse has come upon us..."
Awatar użytkownika
Toploader
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

18 sty 2011, 15:22

Thanks guys.

I'd be happy to help in anyway expand the site to English. I will one day be able to speak Polish, it's my next project after I finish learning Russian (my girlfriends mother tongue) as they have much in common. But right now the fact remains that many English speaking people are missing out on some great stuff here. I really appreciate those of you that Post and help at RS. Most of our mod information comes from here and we are always having to link here for stuff. I'm very proud of the RS site, but it's not even close to the dedication you guys show Postal 2 mods. I will get some news Posted on the RWS site about this soon.

Anyway, if any of you can make the effort to translate and post the important stuff in the English section, I'll be sure to keep posting myself :)

Awatar użytkownika
Robseßed
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Kontakt:

18 sty 2011, 17:27

Hi, Top, it's Robbie. ;)

There are 3 Admins in here - Iquid who's main owner, let's say, Tiquill (you should know him from RS) and me. Each of us has another task to do and works on something different - of course we all care of Forum, but there are many Moderators that help us to deal with it.

Iquid cares simply about everything - it's his site, you know. Tiquill very often supports many mods and offers his help, as his Postal-world-knowledge is very huge. What about me... I'm just here, because I'm here from the beginning and my main task is to make PostalSite popular on the whole world. And so I am on the English, German and Russian sites. Last week I found one interesting German web and I've got some plans with it.

Since ages we've been thinking of creating an English site. Not just English Zone, like it's here, but translating almost everything from Polish into English. You can imagine, Toploader, it's not that easy. It's been 5 years I guess since Iquid created PostalSite.

And here's my question to you - do you want us to translate www.postalsite.info into English, with English News, Articles, Gallery and Download or just some sections?

I'd feel grateful if we all could translate the site - I'm looking even further: the German site. They don't have a solid one and there are many Germans in Postal World. But the main target is of course English. ;)

And another question: I've been talking about English many times, but eventually nothing was done, nothing happened. As I've already said - there's much to do, but the effect will be shown very fast. So who could help me with translating. Knowledge of English must be rather good, even very good. Who finds his English that good here?
Ostatnio zmieniony 01 sty 1970, 01:00 przez Robseßed, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Mr Minio
Redaktor
Redaktor

18 sty 2011, 18:10

I can try. I have another task, but I think I can do it or try to do it. Anyway, how would it look like? You're sending me a text, I am translating it and then sending to you back?
As you can see my English isn't perfect, but well...I believe that I can learn something doing this. And a small tip and (maybe) a request:
As far as I know, Kariko is very good at English.

"Are the hills going to march off?
Will heaven fall upon us?
Will the Earth open under us?
We don't know. We don't know, for a total eclipse has come upon us..."
Awatar użytkownika
Robseßed
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Kontakt:

18 sty 2011, 18:56

I know Kariko, Lothar and Linka speaks very good, but they're quite busy - and so am I.

I still don't know how it's supposed to look like. I'm waiting for more 'instructions' from Toploader. ;)

Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Tiquill
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Postawił piwo: 1 raz
Kontakt:

18 sty 2011, 21:32

Toploader, PurePostal I bestow great fondness. I loved it, it came my first maps and mods for the game. And obviously from PostalNetwork. This two site, which stay in my memory. Pity that there is no PurePostal. You're in my opinion biggest Postal fan and patron of all Postal fans, guardian. It is an honor that I welcome you to PostalSite. The site, which is the fulfillment of my ideals, and which together with other builds. If our efforts can help the community of fans around the world, this is a personal success for me. Welcome here!
Ostatnio zmieniony 19 sty 2011, 02:43 przez Tiquill, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Zawsze jest ryzyko, że wyczerpałeś już limit dobrych dni i czeka cię już tylko samo zło...
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Kariko
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

19 sty 2011, 01:21

Welcome to camp Navarro... oh wait, wrong speech, Welcome to PostalSite mr. Toploader I hope you will be active and doing good on this forum.
Robsessed pisze:I know Kariko, Lothar and Linka speaks very good, but they're quite busy - and so am I.
I will prolly have some time after exams, i.e. 6.02, either i fail studies or pass them (no shit!), so at least till the next exams in june. By the way - isn't Tiquill good at english as well?
Mr Minio pisze:As far as I know, Kariko is very good at English.
Why, thank you
Robsessed pisze:I'm looking even further: the German site. They don't have a solid one and there are many Germans in Postal World. But the main target is of course English.
And even further if we have enough powers and there'll be point we could make a spanish version with my humble help :P I don't know about popularity of Postal in America Latina or Spain, though

About the plans - well I'm up for making this site multilingual (at least bilingual), in consequence multinational, because there aren't many active people here, moreover it's cool to feel the satisfaction of developing/creating something, isn't it?

Awatar użytkownika
Tiquill
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Kontakt:

19 sty 2011, 03:13

Kariko pisze:By the way - isn't Tiquill good at english as well?
Tiquill understand what reads, but not understand what writes. :lol2:
Almost. :P
Kariko pisze:About the plans - well I'm up for making this site multilingual (at least bilingual), in consequence multinational, because there aren't many active people here, moreover it's cool to feel the satisfaction of developing/creating something, isn't it?
I would very want to have multilanguage site, but this requires rebuilding entire site. Script of site the first to be workable and convenient.

Zawsze jest ryzyko, że wyczerpałeś już limit dobrych dni i czeka cię już tylko samo zło...
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Toploader
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

19 sty 2011, 18:30

All you would need to do really is make sure the main page had a native English equivalent and translate the news stories (although, the google translate does a pretty good job at that, I didn't see that button until someone told me about it). Then expand the forums, downloads page. It can still be a primary Polish site, but an English visitor will need to be able to find their way around as soon as they get here.

Maybe have all the important buttons bilingual by default, such as Register ect. And have more then just a little sub category for English in the forums, have most of the sections you have in Polish into English. Maybe translate the most important posts across to get it going.

Many of you have good enough English for this and I can always help touch it up, it's all about finding the time, but I'll help anyway I can, and try and divert some Postal traffic this way. I can even get you guys linked off the main RWS page like RS is (sometimes, the links change on refresh) and I can' certainly get you on the links page.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes.

Awatar użytkownika
Tiquill
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Kontakt:

19 sty 2011, 23:22

Very appreciate your comments, thanks!

Obrazek
I always thought that these buttons are visible and intuitive enough that every guest, regardless of what the country sees them quickly. :drapanie: And will be comfortably viewed our site. We used to have a standard window translator, we should probably go back to him. Google search window also intend to add.

Regarding multilanguage. Ideally, when script detects the country of origin and display the page in the native language of the country from which the visitor entered the site. I'm afraid that we would have put a new page on the new script.

Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Max King
Stuprocentowy psychol
Stuprocentowy psychol

02 lut 2011, 14:13

I always thought that these buttons are visible and intuitive enough that every guest, regardless of what the country sees them quickly. :drapanie: And will be comfortably viewed our site. We used to have a standard window translator, we should probably go back to him. Google search window also intend to add.
I TOLD you we need to redesign the main page. But nooooo, who would ever listen to me.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Awatar użytkownika
Robseßed
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Kontakt:

02 lut 2011, 14:24

Pull yourself together, Max, we must work together and if we listened to everyone, there wouldn't be any PostalSite but just a big Random Forum, where Postal would be forgotten.

What's more, the things you posted in another thread don't have much in common with the things Top wrote.

And sorry to write it here, but you're not an Admin and don't forget about that, please.

Obrazek
ODPOWIEDZ